The Heroes Gala
October 01, 2021
We hope that you and your loved ones remain safe and healthy.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, Right To Play has made the difficult but necessary decision to postpone the Heroes Gala until fall 2021, following the directive of Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, Dr. David Williams. The health, safety, and well-being of our supporters, attendees, honourees, employees, and volunteers is always our top priority.
We thank you for your generous support of the power of play and look forward to welcoming you back to the Heroes Gala in 2021!
The Heroes Gala is Right To Play’s annual must-attend signature fundraising event, honouring outstanding heroes who are doing extraordinary work to help children and youth rise above adversity.
Join us for an impactful evening of inspiration and hope as more than 1,100 community leaders in business, sports, entertainment, government and philanthropy unite to honour incredible heroes who are doing amazing things to make the world a better place for children and youth.
Our Gala was awarded #1 charity benefit in Toronto and #4 in Canada by leading event industry publication, BizBash Magazine!
6:00pm - 11:30pm | Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building
Blake has recently been named the President and CEO of OMERS, one of Canada’s largest Pension Plans with over $110 billion of equity. He was also President & CEO of Oxford Properties Group from 2010 to 2018. Since 2013 he has been named annually to the Power 100 Most Influential Real Estate Executives in New York City. Mr. Hutcheson is a long-time member of YPO and WPO and was selected as one of Canada’s Top 40 Under 40. He is a graduate of the University of Western Ontario, the London School of Economics, England (with distinction), and has an MSc in Real Estate Development from Columbia University, New York. He is married and has two children.
- Robert M. Aziz, Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Counsel, Oxford Properties
- Michael Cooper, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Dream Office REIT and past Right To Play honouree
- George Cope, Former CEO, Bell Canada and past Right To Play honouree
- Shannon Hosford, Chief Marketing Officer, MLSE
- Sean St. John, Executive Vice-President, Managing Director, Co-Head of Fixed Income, Currencies & Commodities National Bank and member of Right To Play’s Canadian Advisory Board
- Brian Porter, President & CEO, Scotiabank
- Ken Tanenbaum, Chairman of Kilmer Developments
- Michael Bartlett, Vice President Community Affairs, MLSE
- Michael Brooks, CEO, REALPAC
- Andrea Fellows, VP Corporate Legal, Oxford Properties Group
- Loren Francis, VP & Principal, Highview Financial Group and member of Right To Play’s Canadian Advisory Board
- Paul Genest, Senior VP, Power Corporation of Canada
- Randy Hoffman, Head of Investments (Canada), Oxford Properties Group
- John Knowlton, Senior Managing Director and Business Manager, OMERS Infrastructure
- Jake Lawrence, Co-Group Head, Global Banking and Markets, Scotiabank
- Ralph Lean, Founding Chairman, Right To Play
- Mario Paura, Partner, Stikeman Elliott
- Annesley Wallace, Chief Pension Officer of OMERS
- Mike Yorke, President Ontario Carpenters Union
- Michele Young-Crook, CEO, (NATOA) National Aboriginal Trust Officers Association
Sponsors play a integral role in not only bringing The Heroes Gala to life, but, more importantly, helping Right To Play continue its valuable work in helping children rise above adversity - thank you! To learn more about sponsorship opportunities please visit the website at theheroesgala.com or contact email@example.com.
- Maple Leaf & Sports Entertainment, Gender Equality
- The Oxford Properties Group/OMERS, Peaceful Communities
For more information about this event, please contact Tanya Phillipps, Events & Sponsorship Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.